Definition of clustered in English:
1Growing or situated in a group: the spires and clustered roofs of the old town
More example sentences
- The priests quickly gathered into a tight clustered circle, all of them chanting in unison.
- This area of South Kilkenny is noted for the number of clustered farm villages and the number of thatched roofs which still predominate.
- Investment capital is channelled through traditional networks of property developers rather than into the high-growth, clustered technology industries that can create genuine wealth.
1.1 Architecture (Of pillars, columns, or shafts) positioned close together, or disposed around or half-detached from a pier.
- From the door, the windows themselves were almost entirely obscured by the clustered pillars.
- The white stucco ceiling undulates up to a peak of 22 ft; the walls fan out, and their pale ash panelling is overlaid by ribs of clustered birch rods.
- Recessed balconies give depth to the clustered stone towers, and there are gardens on each stepped roof.
Definition of clustered in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.