Definition of co-driver in English:
1A person who shares the driving of a vehicle with another.
- Although there was nothing to indicate at which junction I and co-driver Simon should exit, the hunch of going for the city centre looked good.
- Choose your line carefully, you will most likely end up on the wrong side of the road at some point but that's alright, have your co-driver check for oncoming traffic.
- The driver of the mini-truck died on the spot while his co-driver was critical.
1.1A person who navigates from the front passenger seat during a rally: you have a co-driver there calling the turns the co-driver is responsible for memorizing the route and relaying exact instructions
More example sentences
- You require a high level of concentration so that you can remember what you have been told: this is important for both the driver and co-driver.
- The team drove a modified car, competing as driver and co-driver respectively.
- Drivers and co-drivers race the same track but compete separately against other drivers and co-drivers in a class determined by the car.
Definition of co-driver in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India