1A person who shares the driving of a vehicle with another.
- He was there as co-driver of the truck and was asleep at the time.
- The co-driver of the train which collided with a derailed train said the sooner the inquest happened the better.
- Ten people were injured, including the driver of the taxi who was seriously hurt, and the co-driver of the patrol car.
1.1A person who navigates from the front passenger seat during a rally: you have a co-driver there calling the turns the co-driver is responsible for memorizing the route and relaying exact instructions
More example sentences
- She was co-driver in the Monte Carlo Rally.
- So smooth and balanced is this car that on one occasion I had to be reminded by my co-driver that I was still in third gear at 120 km/h.
- Let the co-driver worry about what's around the next corner, leaving you to concentrate on the driving
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of co-driver in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.