Definition of co-driver in English:
1A person who shares the driving of a vehicle with another.
- Although there was nothing to indicate at which junction I and co-driver Simon should exit, the hunch of going for the city centre looked good.
- Choose your line carefully, you will most likely end up on the wrong side of the road at some point but that's alright, have your co-driver check for oncoming traffic.
- The driver of the mini-truck died on the spot while his co-driver was critical.
1.1A person who navigates from the front passenger seat during a rally: you have a co-driver there calling the turns the co-driver is responsible for memorizing the route and relaying exact instructions
More example sentences
- You require a high level of concentration so that you can remember what you have been told: this is important for both the driver and co-driver.
- The team drove a modified car, competing as driver and co-driver respectively.
- Drivers and co-drivers race the same track but compete separately against other drivers and co-drivers in a class determined by the car.
Definition of co-driver in:
- British & World English dictionary