Definition of coachwhip in English:
noun(also coachwhip snake)
A harmless, fast-moving North American snake. The pattern of scales on its slender body is said to resemble a braided whip.
- Masticophis flagellum, family Colubridae
- A highly irritated western coachwhip snake was coiled in the grass.
- The habitat of the coachwhip includes deserts, grasslands, prairies, woodlands, and open areas.
- Rattlesnakes eat mostly rodents, but coachwhip snakes will climb trees or cactus to eat eggs from bird nests.
Definition of coachwhip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.