Definition of coachwood in English:
A slender tree of the rain forests of Australia and New Guinea, with close-grained timber that has a characteristic caramel scent and is used for cabinetmaking and veneers.
- Ceratopetalum apetalum, family Cunoniaceae
- At the bottom of the gorge was a dense rainforest of coachwood, sassafras, lilly pilly, possumwood and tree ferns.
- Walking tracks through the Cathedral take you under an amazing canopy of ferns, sassafras and coachwoods.
- Initially, it twists and turns along the Coombadjha Creek, through the coachwoods, crabapples and corkwoods of the warm temperate rainforest.
Words that rhyme with coachwoodcottonwood • rosewood
Definition of coachwood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan