Definition of coadapted in English:
Mutually adapted; mutually accommodating.
- Inbreeding may be beneficial if conditions favor the maintenance of locally adapted or intrinsically coadapted gene complexes.
- In the case of coadapted cellular machinery as diverse as the transcriptosome, this parallel evolution may involve sequences with no other obvious connection.
- For example, all of the maternal genes whose sequences have coadapted to each other might be expressed and the paternal copies silenced.
- Example sentences
- It is, therefore, of the highest importance to gain a clear insight into the means of modification and coadaptation.
- Several authors have suggested that African antelope (family Bovidae) exemplify coadaptation of ecological, behavioral, and morphological traits.
- One example of the biological importance of intergenomic coadaptation is the evidence that mtDNA interaction with the nuclear genome modifies cognition in mice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.