- A substance that causes blood or another liquid to coagulate.More example sentences
- Virtually every major type of water treatment chemical is used by the pulp and paper industry; coagulants and corrosion inhibitors are the two leading product families.
- To assist in removal of smaller suspended solids, chemical coagulants are added to the system to help clump these particles together so they can be captured by the filters.
- Powdered seeds added to water act as a coagulant, binding to murk and bacteria, then sinking to the bottom.
late 18th century: from Latin coagulant- 'curdling', from the verb coagulare (see coagulate).
More definitions of coagulantDefinition of coagulant in:
- The British & World English dictionary