- 1A ship that transports coal.More example sentences
- The fleet was accompanied for parts of the tour by auxiliaries including supply ships and coalers.
- Standing at Xiangjiaba village, 370m below one sees coalers and cement carriers stream up and down a narrow channel off the far bank.
- Not a few of the great ones of our own day commenced their career behind the apple-shaped bows of a Saltcoats coaler, whether it was a handy brigantine or a trig schooner is no matter.
- 2A large mechanized structure for loading coal onto a ship, railroad car, or steam locomotive.More example sentences
- With an operational clam-shell bucket, the coaler allows you to unload a hopper car by scooping the coal from inside.
- We need a large space, and indeed that's why a power station is perfect, because it has very large volumes owing to the fact it once had enormous turbines and coalers and all those sorts of things.
More definitions of coalerDefinition of coaler in:
- The British & World English dictionary