Definition of coalition in English:
An alliance for combined action, especially a temporary alliance of political parties forming a government or of states: a coalition of conservatives and disaffected Democrats the party was only able to govern in coalition with three or even four other parties [as modifier]: a coalition government
More example sentences
- The three agrarian parties are prohibited from entering into any coalitions with leftist political powers.
- As a realist, I am skeptical about whether he can build the necessary political coalitions.
- They are forming new political coalitions in an attempt to force an end to the occupation.
- Example sentences
- Here, however, the coalitionists are waiting for an appropriate judgement by the Federal Constitutional Court.
- The ensuing election in December gave the coalitionists an overwhelming victory.
- During January and February 1784 the coalition's majority in the House of Commons shrank rapidly, and in the ensuing general election ninety-six coalitionists lost their seats.