- An expanse of land near the sea.More example sentences
- For a course at the Helsinki University of Technology, we imagined a day when global warming had caused the polar ice caps to melt and the sea level to rise, submerging coastlands and whole islands.
- A walker with plenty of stamina and a fair sense of balance can make a memorable week's hike westward along the Sfakiot coastlands by way of the footpaths through these great canyons.
- During most of its history Libya has been inhabited by Arab and Berber nomads, only the coastlands and oases being settled.
More definitions of coastlandDefinition of coastland in:
- The British & World English dictionary