- The outline of a coast, especially with regard to its shape and appearance: the hotel has wonderful views of the rugged coastlineMore example sentences
- It has put up clear warnings about the dangers of the sea at regular intervals along this stretch of coastline.
- It is claimed that on a really fine day it is possible to see as far away as Galway Bay up along the local coastline.
- It would be a huge boost to the already booming tourist industry along the county coastline.
More definitions of coastlineDefinition of coastline in:
- The British & World English dictionary