Definition of cobbler in English:
1A person who mends shoes as a job.
- He also worked as a master cobbler, mending shoes.
- Each small community would have had its local cobbler who produced shoes to fit each individual customer uniquely.
- The old cobbler who had been mending shoes in the doorway of a building was unexpectedly replaced by a stranger.
3chiefly North American A fruit pie with a rich crust on top.
- For dessert, we ordered a peach and huckleberry cobbler with vanilla gelato and four spoons.
- We eat our chicken and kugel, and then we serve the raspberry cobbler for dessert.
- The cobblers I usually make have crumby toppings; this one would turn out biscuity.
Middle English: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with cobblergobbler
Definition of cobbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan