- 1A person who mends shoes as a job.More example sentences
- He also worked as a master cobbler, mending shoes.
- Each small community would have had its local cobbler who produced shoes to fit each individual customer uniquely.
- The old cobbler who had been mending shoes in the doorway of a building was unexpectedly replaced by a stranger.
- 3chiefly North American A fruit pie with a rich crust on top.More example sentences
- For dessert, we ordered a peach and huckleberry cobbler with vanilla gelato and four spoons.
- We eat our chicken and kugel, and then we serve the raspberry cobbler for dessert.
- The cobblers I usually make have crumby toppings; this one would turn out biscuity.
let the cobbler stick to his last
- • proverb People should only concern themselves with things they know something about.[translating Latin ne sutor ultra crepidam]More example sentences
- My advise to the company: let the cobbler stick to his last.
Middle English: of unknown origin.
More definitions of cobblerDefinition of cobbler in:
- The British & World English dictionary