Definition of cobweb spider in English:
A spider that builds tangled three-dimensional webs.
- Family Theridiidae: many species, class Arachnida
- The best way to tell the difference between orb-weavers and cobweb spiders is by looking at the web.
- Most all cobweb spiders are harmless with the exception of the potentially dangerous widow spiders.
- Although many spiders are able to chew solid food, cobweb spiders like the black widow feed only on the fluids inside their prey.
Definition of cobweb spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.