- A beetle of a family (Coccinellidae) that includes the ladybugs.More example sentences
- Predaceous arthropods were tallied and assigned to general taxonomic groups: spiders, hymenopterans, hemipterans, and coccinellids.
- In their exposed position near the tip of a growing shoot, the nymphs are preyed upon by a diverse array of invertebrates such as coccinellid beetle larvae, spiders, and wasps.
- Both plataspid species are prey of the coccinellid beetle, whose larvae always detected them by contact.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Coccinellidae (plural), from the genus name Coccinella, from Latin coccineus 'scarlet'.
More definitions of coccinellidDefinition of coccinellid in:
- The British & World English dictionary