A person who is in charge of a meeting or organization jointly with another or others.
- We also haven't yet been able to get any comment from any of the group's co-chairs.
- The continuing agenda of the summit has been left in the hands of the four co-chairs appointed by the mayor.
- The council of ministers consists of two co-chairs, one deputy, and three ministers.
Chair (a meeting) jointly with others.
- A representative of student government who co-chaired the meeting described the positive aspects of organising it as the chance to ‘incorporate a variety of views’.
- Just last month, he co-chaired a meeting on the topic at the Kennedy Space Center.
- Just yesterday I co-chaired the inaugural meeting of the food and beverage taskforce, which covers the most significant sector in our economy.
Definition of cochair in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.