Definition of cockroach in English:
A beetlelike insect with long antennae and legs, feeding by scavenging. Several tropical species have become established worldwide as pests in homes and food service establishments.
- Suborder Blattodea, order Dictyoptera: many genera and species, including the oriental cockroach (Blatta orientalis) and the American cockroach (Periplaneta americana); some, especially in the genus Ectobius, are small temperate species that live outdoors
- Houseflies, mosquitoes and cockroaches are identified as the most common domestic insect pests.
- The ants and the cockroaches have also begun to return; no longer is it safe to leave the cat food out on the back step.
- Removing the space prevents cockroaches and other pests from residing in the dark corners.
Definition of cockroach in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan