- An elegant dress suitable for semiformal social occasions.More example sentences
- The event is black tie or leisure suit, and cocktail dress or formal gown for the ladies.
- Dressed in a ravishing cocktail dress of a silky dark blue, she smiled at both of them widely brown eyes twinkling.
- If it was an A-line cocktail dress with a dusting of floral accents, it would have been a much better fit within the overall collection.
More definitions of cocktail dressDefinition of cocktail dress in:
- The British & World English dictionary