noun (plural cocos)
- 1 [usually as modifier] Coconut: coco matting coco palmMore example sentences
- Some seed heads, like those of the coco palm, are extremely heavy, so don't let them fall on anyone's head.
- The Jamaican peasant not only produced food (yams, cocos, bananas, small livestock, etc.) for the local market but also produced other minor crops for export.
- Desserts are also funky, featuring items like Jamaican mousse, a fluffy mixture of chocolate and rum and something called coco quemado, a coconut milk pudding.
mid 16th century (originally denoting the nut): from Spanish and Portuguese, literally 'grinning face' (because of the appearance of the base of the coconut).
More definitions of cocoDefinition of coco in:
- The British & World English dictionary