1Treat in an indulgent or overprotective way: I was coddled and cosseted
More example sentences
- I watched in amazement as the players were coddled and treated like gods.
- Being the baby of the family he was coddled and treated like glass, as if he would break.
- I want to baby you, and coddle you, and spoil you for the rest of my life.
- Example sentences
- We should not allow corporate coddlers like these men to repackage themselves as born-again crusaders for reform.
- If we do not, we allow our opponents to say we are coddlers of evil, allowing an oppressor to rule unchecked.
- He painted a picture of a painful childhood with parents who were certainly not coddlers.
Words that rhyme with coddledoddle, model, noddle, swaddle, toddle, twaddle, waddle
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.