Definition of codebreaker in English:
A person who solves a code or codes.
- Two veteran code-breakers have received a worldwide response to their request for solutions to an enigmatic message on a monument.
- Such was the poor state of US intelligence communication, German code-breakers found it easy to intercept and interpret cables.
- By the time her brother died, he had recovered enough information for code-breakers at the wartime intelligence centre Bletchley Park to crack the Enigma codes.
- codebreaking noun
- Example sentences
- The mathematician who has written books on code-breaking, is scheduled to speak next month.
- I find the Enigma files and ancillary code-breaking to be the most alluring of all spy activities.
- The book's mix of code-breaking, art history, religion and mystical lore has helped it sell 25 million copies since it was published two years ago.
Definition of codebreaker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.