Definition of coding in English:
1The process of assigning a code to something for the purposes of classification or identification.
- Using axial coding, we further developed the conceptual categories and compared them with each other.
- A coding system was developed to assess the content and frequency of particular features of mother-child interactive behavior.
- With this system of coding, confidential information had been buried in the photographs and sent out of the firm.
1.1A code assigned for the purpose of classification or identification: text type codings
More example sentences
- Most characters also are coded as present or absent and these codings can sometimes be misleading.
- The 51 mentions of surprise within accounts reflect events that did not coincide with a person's preconceptions, whereas codings for skepticism often portrayed rationality.
- Those responses given orally were coded online by the experimenter, but all responses were also recorded in digital sound files for later checking of the codings.
1.2 Biochemistry The process of coding genetically for an amino acid, protein, or characteristic.
- Experts predict that it could take the rest of the century to finalise the genetic coding that gives all human beings their distinct and individual characteristics.
- Data partitions were set up for all coding and noncoding regions of each locus.
- Just what choices people will make once they can control the genetic coding of their offspring is one of the most important questions of the 21st century.
Definition of coding in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan