- A pouch, especially a conspicuous and decorative one, attached to a man’s breeches or close-fitting hose to cover the genitals, worn in the 15th and 16th centuries.More example sentences
- In medieval and early modern times, male dress was opulent and highly erotic, as the Renaissance codpiece attests.
- Perhaps a larger codpiece is required, and tights in a richer and more noble shade of purple.
- The body and dress of King Henry VIII of England served as icons of masculinity and power, his extravagant codpieces denoting his virility.
from earlier cod 'scrotum' (from Old English codd 'bag, pod') + piece.
More definitions of codpieceDefinition of codpiece in:
- The British & World English dictionary