nounNorth American • dated
- A female student at a co-educational institution.More example sentences
- The film follows a group of college coeds who decide to take a wild trip during spring break over to a Halloween-style rave on a dark and desolate island.
- It may be time to set aside any preconceived notions about these coeds and start thinking of them as serious consumers.
- In those days, Alabama coeds had to be in by midnight.
adjectiveBack to top
- (Of an institution or system) co-educational.More example sentences
- We picked out coed teams and played football etc.
- Even in all-female colleges the number of women athletes fall considerably below that needed to satisfy Title IX requirements in coed colleges.
- Women who attend women's colleges tend to major in science, mathematics and technology disciplines in greater numbers than women who attend coed institutions.
late 19th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of coedDefinition of coed in:
- The British & World English dictionary