nounNorth American dated
A female student at a co-educational institution.
- The film follows a group of college coeds who decide to take a wild trip during spring break over to a Halloween-style rave on a dark and desolate island.
- It may be time to set aside any preconceived notions about these coeds and start thinking of them as serious consumers.
- In those days, Alabama coeds had to be in by midnight.
(Of an institution or system) co-educational.
- We picked out coed teams and played football etc.
- Even in all-female colleges the number of women athletes fall considerably below that needed to satisfy Title IX requirements in coed colleges.
- Women who attend women's colleges tend to major in science, mathematics and technology disciplines in greater numbers than women who attend coed institutions.
Late 19th century: abbreviation.
Words that rhyme with coedabed, ahead, bed, behead, Birkenhead, bled, bread, bred, cred, crossbred, dead, dread, Ed, embed, Enzed, fed, fled, Fred, gainsaid, head, infrared, ked, lead, led, Med, misled, misread, Ned, outspread, premed, pure-bred, read, red, redd, said, samoyed, shed, shred, sked, sled, sped, Spithead, spread, stead, ted, thread, tread, underbred, underfed, wed
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of coed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.