Definition of cognizable in English:
1 formal Perceptible; clearly identifiable.
- The bank has reiterated that ‘no cognisable impact’ is anticipated in the financial markets on account of the dollar outflow.
- We do not disagree with your Honour that in those circumstances such a group may nevertheless still be a cognisable social group.
- The mere meeting of competitors to exchange information, without this producing any cognizable impact on the market, would not amount to a concerted practice.
2 Law Within the jurisdiction of a court.
- These facts, together, add up to a cognizable malpractice claim.
- Each of these men could resort to the civil courts to enforce rights cognisable in those courts.
- In such circumstances, a claim may be cognizable under Article 3 which would fail under the Convention on Refugees.
Definition of cognizable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan