Definition of cogon grass in English:
A perennial, rhizomatous grass of Asian origin, used for thatching and as a packing material; identified as a noxious weed in much of the southeastern US.
- Imperata cylindrica, family Poaceae
- I climb down to the little settlement where my friend is working in front of a small wooden hut, called a bale, raised on poles and thatched with cogon grass.
- The first leg of the climb consists of wading through giant cogon grasses on a steep, exposed trail.
- More rocks, with occasional thermal heat, and thick cogon grasses beckoned as we dragged ourselves up, fatigue starting to catch up.
Definition of cogon grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan