1A Central American palm that is a valuable source of oil.
- Orbignya cohune, family Palmae.
- The growth rate of the cohune palm can be increased significantly with regular fertilizer applications.
- The former is set in a garden of cohunes, tall, leafy palms that line the pathways, providing shade.
- The latest appearance of Vulture Lake; quite lovely and already mature; cohunes everywhere.
1.1 (also cohune nut) The oil-rich nut of the cohune palm.
- The cohune nut features prominently in his work but he also uses shell, cow horn and different types of wood.
- The cohune nut was an important part of the Maya diet.
- This large rodent makes lots of noise while walking through the dry leaves of the forest or while chewing on the hard shells of the cohune nut, one of its favorite foods.
Mid 18th century: from Miskito.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of cohune in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.