A person’s hairstyle, typically an elaborate one.
- He's a curious figure - Oscar Wilde meets an Andy Warhol superstar with a punk-rock haircut, a coiffure he inflicted on himself the day after Joe Strummer died.
- She tells me she is just back from the hairdresser and the coiffure will revert to ragged ringlets as soon as it hits rain.
- When David Beckham cuts his hair, the next day millions of boys around the world go to the hairdresser to copy his coiffure.
- Example sentences
- He is the only player with filthy trainers, baggy tracksuit-bottoms and messy hair, an image made more obvious when he wanders around AC Milan's training-ground alongside the coiffured Alessandro Nesta.
- As he entered the stage with coiffured hair and a dapper pin-striped suit, I didn't know what to expect, but he was amazing and had the entire audience, blue rinse brigade and all, on their feet applauding his efforts.
- The coiffured and bow-tied romantic Charles, with only a club foot to hinder his natural charm, was introduced to Margaret Macdonald while studying at the Glasgow School of Art.
Words that rhyme with coiffureabjure, adjure, allure, amour, assure, Bahawalpur, boor, Borobudur, Cavour, conjure, couture, cure, dastur, de nos jours, doublure, dour, embouchure, endure, ensure, enure, gravure, immature, immure, impure, inure, Jaipur, Koh-i-noor, Kultur, liqueur, lure, manure, moor, Moore, Muir, mure, Nagpur, Namur, obscure, parkour, photogravure, plat du jour, Pompadour, procure, pure, rotogravure, Ruhr, Saussure, secure, simon-pure, spoor, Stour, sure, tour, Tours, velour, Yom Kippur, you're
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of coiffure in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.