nounchiefly North American
- Slices of cold cooked or processed meats. See lunchmeat.More example sentences
- Listeria, which can cause fatal blood poisoning, miscarriages in pregnant women and meningitis, is believed to spread through ready-to-eat foods such as hot dogs, luncheon meats or cold cuts.
- Try salty, spicy or smoked meats, such as ham, sausage, cold cuts or wieners.
- Researchers studying both pre-menopausal and post-menopausal women found the former group had a higher incidence of cancer when they ate processed meats including cold cuts, hot dogs and bacon.
More definitions of cold cutsDefinition of cold cuts in:
- The British & World English dictionary