- The abrupt and complete cessation of taking a drug to which one is addicted: cold turkey, with no medication, is not recommended for those with medical conditionsMore example sentences
- Fantasy junkies know they can't go cold turkey, though.
- If you need to go cold turkey, you need to go cold turkey.
- So, I admit that those who go cold turkey may go through a rough time with withdrawals initially, but the majority are still non-smokers after one year.
adverbchiefly North American Back to top
- In a sudden and abrupt manner: many banks have cut commercial builders off cold turkeyMore example sentences
- ‘Last September I quit smoking and drinking cold turkey,’ said Tarr.
- After you've turned citizens into junkies, with government as the pusher, it's very hard to turn them back again, and even harder to get them to quit cold turkey.
- A network spokesperson says that doesn't mean he's quitting the news biz cold turkey.
More definitions of cold turkeyDefinition of cold turkey in:
- The British & World English dictionary