- Join (a piece of metal) to another without the use of heat, by forcing them together so hard that the surface oxide films are disrupted and adhesion occurs.More example sentences
- The very low-pressure in orbit causes metal parts to cold-weld together, atomic oxygen to react with almost any material and nullifies the cooling benefits of convection for electronics.
- ‘Hercules’ boats are constructed with Valmex 1000 gr/m2 and their parts are cold-welded, for more durability against time.
- Post-accident examination of the maintenance performed on the right main landing gear revealed that the top actuator bracket was not of original manufacturer design standards and the repair did not meet manufacturer recommendations; the top actuator bracket was improperly cold-welded to mount instead of being replaced.
More definitions of cold-weldDefinition of cold-weld in:
- The British & World English dictionary