- An insect of the order Coleoptera; a beetle.More example sentences
- Zygopterans and tabanids were absent, and coleopterans, neuropterans, trichopterans, hemipterans (true bugs), and anisopterans were rare.
- Trenching and vein-cutting behaviors have been reported for lepidopterans, orthopterans and coleopterans, and there is a correlation between resin canal organization and method of deactivation by insects.
- More than half of the arthropods were spiders, followed by coleopterans, orthopterans, and homopterans.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting coleopterans.More example sentences
- This falls within the expected range for a coleopteran genome.
- For more information on the phylogeny and diversity of the Coleoptera, try the coleopteran pages on the Tree of Life exhibit at the University of Arizona.
- The project will be multi-disciplinary in its approach, integrating pollen diagrams, plant remains, coleopteran analysis and ethnographical information.
- More example sentences
- Rich in deadwood, these gaps allow the development of new species of coleopterous insects.
- A review of the literature revealed that viruses have been found in coleopterous insects.
- Trogini based on Trogus is a junior homonym of Trogidae MacLeay, 1819, based on the coleopterous genus Trox Fabricius.
More definitions of coleopteranDefinition of coleopteran in:
- The British & World English dictionary