Definition of collapsible in English:
(Of an object) able to be folded into a small space: a collapsible bed
More example sentences
- Jane has also designed a collapsible sandwich box which folds to A5 size and a coffee and doughnut holder.
- We no longer have to make do with the grubby white plastic garden furniture and collapsible click sun beds that were so popular a few years ago.
- The collapsible wood and canvas bed is assembled from three basic folding X-frame stools.
- Example sentences
- It is now firmly established that upper airway collapsibility is markedly increased in either sleeping or anesthetized children with SDB.
- To determine the effects of craniofacial characteristics and body habitus on the collapsibility of the pharynx, Watanabe and coworkers measured closing pressures of the passive pharynx in 54 men with sleep-disordered breathing.
- The authors concluded that tracheal collapsibility of infants with tracheomalacia can be quantitatively assessed by the static pressure/area relationship of the trachea obtained under general anesthesia and paralysis.
Words that rhyme with collapsibleexpansible • impassible
Definition of collapsible in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan