- A horizontal wooden joist or beam connecting two rafters and forming with them an A-shaped roof truss.More example sentences
- They all survived up on the collar beam save for a small child whom Peter Kinter's wife had on her lap.
- Sunday, the other collar beams, the roof-support structure and roof rafters were erected.
- Steel rods from the collar beams help support the ceiling of the large G.A.R. hall.
More definitions of collar beamDefinition of collar beam in:
- The British & World English dictionary