Definition of collegiate in English:
1Belonging or relating to a college or its students: collegiate life
More example sentences
- This is an opportunity for all collegiate students to meet and socialize with one another.
- Even collegiate education will be provided and students will be guided until they find a job, says Parikrama.
- Convey's father was a collegiate basketball player and later a coach.
2(Of a university) composed of different colleges.
- In a collegiate university, of which Cambridge and Oxford are the major examples, there is a further complication.
- For his parents there is the comfort of knowing he is protected to an extent within Oxford's collegiate system.
- This lower figure though is in part due to the collegiate nature of the University.
Definition of collegiate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia