- An accelerator in which two beams of particles are made to collide.More example sentences
- It is important too, for use in high-luminosity linear electron - positron colliders where the focus is extremely tight, to know whether or not detectors can separate collision results from background radiation.
- But how can we ever hope to make meaningful measurements at this scale when we have such difficulty building particle colliders to work at the comparatively lowly Higgs scale?
- The use of an asymmetric collider to produce B particles was first proposed in 1987 by Pier Oddone, then head of Berkeley Lab's Physics Division and now one of the Lab's deputy directors.
More definitions of colliderDefinition of collider in:
- The British & World English dictionary