Definition of colonoscope in English:
A flexible fiber-optic instrument inserted through the anus in order to examine the colon.
- Resting comfortably on one side, most people feel only a little discomfort as the colonoscope is carefully inserted into the back passage.
- Your doctor will probably look inside your intestines with a sigmoidoscope or a colonoscope.
- However, endoscopes can only examine the upper portions of the digestive system, while colonoscopes study the lower portion, or colon.
- Example sentences
- Images of the upper gastrointestinal tract and colon are inferior to those obtained by upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy.
- The surgeon diagnoses the problem by barium enema or a colonoscopy and schedules surgery.
- Hemorrhage is most common when colonoscopy is used to biopsy or remove colonic lesions.
Definition of colonoscope in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan