- A substance secreted by bone marrow that promotes the growth and differentiation of stem cells into colonies of specific blood cells.More example sentences
- The maturation of white blood cells in the bone marrow and their release into the circulation are influenced by colony-stimulating factors, interleukins, tumor necrosis factor and complement components.
- Growth factors are members of the cytokine family, which includes interleukins and colony-stimulating factors.
- They are a large group of molecules and include the interferons, interleukins, and various colony-stimulating factors (CSFs).
More definitions of colony-stimulating factorDefinition of colony-stimulating factor in:
- The British & World English dictionary