Definition of color separation in English:
nounPhotography & Printing
1Any of three negative images of the same subject taken through green, red, and blue filters and combined to reproduce the full color of the original.
- In advertising, animation plays a major role in graphics design and illustrations, while publishing houses rely on it for page layout and colour separation.
- Alas, what we get is a full-frame, middle-grade transfer with decent color separation but weak depth, and some truly annoying edge enhancement.
- The color separation fluctuates almost from one frame to the next - characters and backgrounds change hues willy-nilly, like a psychedelic nightmare.
1.1The production of color separations.
- He uses the computer to create color separations and facilitate his experiments with scale.
- I had found two different design magazines that used enlarged color separations of the Mona Lisa for an illustration.
- The photography is excellent, the color separations are consistently accurate, and the localities showcased are arguably the most famous in the world.
Definition of color separation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan