nounAstronomy & Physics
- The temperature at which a black body would emit radiation of the same color as a given object.More example sentences
- Most incandescent lamps operate with a color temperature of approximately 2900 degrees Kelvin.
- To achieve a lower color temperature - for example, to create lamps that mimic the color temperature of incandescent light sources - we need to develop a phosphor that emits more strongly in the red region of the spectrum.
- A bulb's wavelength, as determined by its color temperature, can also play odd tricks on the eye.
More definitions of color temperatureDefinition of color temperature in:
- The British & World English dictionary