- 1An artist or designer who uses color in a special or skillful way.More example sentences
- I showed them examples of artists known as colorists, Paul Gauguin and Franz Marc, so they could see how one might choose to manipulate the viewer's eye.
- She too was a pupil of Matisse and is regarded as one of the finest colourists among Swedish artists of her generation.
- But he drew greater inspiration from studying the old masters in the Louvre, in particular such colourists as Rubens and Veronese.
- 1.1A person who tints black-and-white prints, photographs, or movies.More example sentences
- Many studios employed colorists to tint the images.
- These are extreme examples of the magical effect colourists can have on film.
- Korshev looked at film close-ups and, with a colorist's eye for khakis and ochres, painted a soldier who has lost an eye but stares unblinkingly at the viewer.
- 1.2A hairdresser who specializes in dyeing people’s hair.More example sentences
- Most salons that style men's hair also offer a colorist.
- Schedule a consultation with a colorist to make your hair radiate.
- I wouldn't even know what kind of salon or barber to go to for starters; it would seem weird to go to the same hair colorist as my girlfriend.
More definitions of coloristDefinition of colorist in:
- The British & World English dictionary