Definition of combat fatigue in English:
1Psychological disturbance caused by prolonged exposure to active warfare, especially being under bombardment.
- Fewer than half the raiders returned - malnutrition, combat fatigue, disease, death and wounds had thinned their ranks.
- Overcoming this kind of fear is often more difficult than dealing with the combat fatigue itself.
- Veterans from World War II and Korea who had trouble readjusting to civilian life were said to suffer from combat fatigue or, euphemistically, ‘nerves.’
2 (combat fatigues) A uniform of a type to be worn into combat.
- We are having a couple of Marines come in the collect the toys from the boys in their dress uniforms and combat fatigues.
- They were decked out in their combat fatigues and they lined up by the casket.
- I should have known when the two hosts were dressed in combat fatigues.
Definition of combat fatigue in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan