Definition of combfish in English:
noun (plural same or combfishes)
A fish of the northeastern Pacific, with small rough scales and long spines in the comblike dorsal fin.
- Family Zaniolepididae and genus Zaniolepis: several species
- Dozens of demoiselles hovered, waiting for the combfish to remove their parasites while the goatfish below seemed oblivious to the free grooming services available.
- Yellowtail, seapike, silver sweep, pomfret, nannygais, bullseyes, dozens of moon wrasse, blue gropers and combfish follow you on your dive as you swim around this amazing site.
- An abundance of jewellery made of fine seeds and shells, pandanus weavings, painted turtle shells and combfish bones also fill the gallery.
Definition of combfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan