- An enclosed space in which combustion takes place, especially in an engine or furnace.More example sentences
- Also, the combustion chamber in the rotary engine is larger, which facilitates a better burn of the fuel.
- A lot depends on the type of chamber you have and how efficient it can be, so it goes back to designing the combustion chamber to handle higher compression ratios without adversely affecting emissions.
- The combustion chamber of a four-stroke engine is designed to induce turbulence through the addition of ‘squish’ areas in which the top of the piston is the mirror image of a corresponding area of the cylinder head.
More definitions of combustion chamberDefinition of combustion chamber in:
- The British & World English dictionary