- 1A person who arrives somewhere: feeding every comer is still a sacred duty See also all comers at all; latecomer; newcomer.More example sentences
- News of the match would reach home before the early comers got home.
- Early comers to Longford can enjoy a festival warm-up night.
- ‘So thanks for a paper which accommodates all styles and comers.’
- 2 [in singular] North American • informal A person or thing likely to succeed: many in the party see tax relief as a comerMore example sentences
- ‘Narrative’ is certainly not a likely comer as justification or test for tradition, nor will a theological school ever be.
More definitions of comerDefinition of comer in:
- The British & World English dictionary