- 1Comic episodes in a dramatic or literary work that offset more serious sections.More example sentences
- Intended for comic relief, the song and dance numbers come across as uninspired and robotic.
- The creative rationale for this storyline is comic relief.
- There are elements of classic comic relief throughout Barker's interlocking tales.
- 1.1A character or characters providing this.More example sentences
- Dallas Smith elevates his character way beyond comic relief.
- On the other hand, he's good for a bit of wisdom or comic relief, so his character isn't a total waste.
- Rather than have one character pop up in the story for the inevitable comic relief, every supporting character (with the exception of Lucy's father) fights for the honour.
More definitions of comic reliefDefinition of comic relief in:
- The British & World English dictionary