Definition of commandment in English:
1A divine rule, especially one of the Ten Commandments.
- Indeed, this is an indication of the Divine nature of the commandments.
- This is a reference to Satan and his accomplices who try to creep up in the skies to overhear divine commandments.
- But I find the category of grave external sin against the sixth commandment too broad for the reasons I have stated.
1.1A rule to be observed as strictly as one of the Ten Commandments.
- It was her husband who had instructed her concerning the commandment.
- know my youngest son, who yearns to join corporate America as a stock analyst, wants to live up to his Dad's commandment to do good things and make money without selling your soul.
- The Men Commandments: Three dozen universal rules and regulations for guys (minus the beer).
Definition of commandment in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia