Definition of commandment in English:
1A divine rule, especially one of the Ten Commandments.
- Indeed, this is an indication of the Divine nature of the commandments.
- This is a reference to Satan and his accomplices who try to creep up in the skies to overhear divine commandments.
- But I find the category of grave external sin against the sixth commandment too broad for the reasons I have stated.
1.1A rule to be observed as strictly as one of the Ten Commandments.
- It was her husband who had instructed her concerning the commandment.
- know my youngest son, who yearns to join corporate America as a stock analyst, wants to live up to his Dad's commandment to do good things and make money without selling your soul.
- The Men Commandments: Three dozen universal rules and regulations for guys (minus the beer).
Definition of commandment in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.