Acting as a memorial or mark of an event or person: a commemorative plaque
More example sentences
- She expects the completed memorial to have a commemorative plaque engraved with the names of the deceased.
- Instead, large commemorative war memorials tried to address the enormity of the loss.
- The 1500 students were joined by war veterans and special commemorative plaque was unveiled.
An object such as a stamp or coin made to mark an event or honor a person. Compare with definitive.
- There are two types of postage stamps: definitives and commemoratives.
- All commemoratives, except Christmas stamps, issued between 1898 and 1998 are included in the study.
- Children attending the game receive commemoratives.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.