- Serving to commend; recommending.More example sentences
- ‘If you have nothing commendatory to say, then say nothing at all.’
- So, I'm very commendatory of the President and his strong support.
- He makes commendatory remarks concerning the President and the working relationship between the two men.
mid 16th century: from late Latin commendatorius, from Latin commendare 'commit to the care of' (see commend).
More definitions of commendatoryDefinition of commendatory in:
- The British & World English dictionary