- 1A person who comments on events or on a text.More example sentences
analyst, pundit, monitor, observer; writer, speaker
- A comment by a leading commentator on British industrial performance, David Coates, is suggestive.
- Indeed, commentators often observe that it is almost impossible to know where the Prime Minister ends and his adviser begins.
- Although the President denied bowing to industry pressure, few analysts or commentators were convinced.
- 1.1A person who delivers a live commentary on an event or performance.More example sentences
- The BBC has announced its team of presenters, commentators and analysts for the World Cup.
- Keighley coach Gary Moorby has swapped seats with Roe, who regularly works as a match commentator on Radio Leeds.
- John Motson has been a front line commentator with BBC Television for over 25 years.