- A bank that offers services to the general public and to companies.More example sentences
- The potential expansionary effects of the transaction are shown as increases in the assets and liabilities of both the central bank and the commercial bank.
- This comes in the wake of the increase last week in the bank rate - the rate at which the country's central bank lends to commercial banks.
- If government spending is financed by borrowing from commercial banks, it means credit expansion and inflation.
More definitions of commercial bankDefinition of commercial bank in:
- The British & World English dictionary