Definition of commercialize in English:
Manage or exploit (an organization, activity, etc.) in a way designed to make a profit: the museum has been commercialized
More example sentences
- You may find inspiration for your idea from commercialising a labour-saving process that has been around for years.
- The initiative has been formed to commercialise work to help drug companies create products to combat resistant bacteria.
- If and when we decide to commercialise this process you will receive a formal written offer.
- Example sentences
- In China, it is not clear whether tourist sites should be operated for the purpose of public welfare or subjected to commercialization.
- The education minister was especially caustic about the commercialization of education by a section of the teachers.
- This trend developed in the late 1960s, in part as a way to avoid the commercialization of art.
Definition of commercialize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia